Mesothelioma, a life-threatening type of cancer that is aggressive and difficult to treat, is linked to asbestos exposure. Many mesothelioma victims rely on the assistance of a mesothelioma law firm to get justice and to help cover the overwhelming costs of treatment.
If you suffer from mesothelioma, asbestos-related lung cancer, or asbestosis, you may be eligible for a large amount of compensation. Currently, there is over $30 billion in asbestos trust funds, set up for those who have been diagnosed with an asbestos-related illness. Fill out our form to receive our free Financial Compensation Packet. Our packet is loaded with information on experienced mesothelioma attorneys in your area, how to file a claim for asbestos trust funds, how to get paid in 90 days, and more.
Free Financial Compensation Packet
- Info on law firms that will recover your highest compensation
- Learn how to get paid in 90 days
- File for your share of $30 billion in trust funds
Why Do I Need a Mesothelioma Law Firm?
Law firms focusing on mesothelioma help victims of asbestos exposure who have developed cancer and other asbestos-related diseases. It is important to choose law firms with the relevant experience for your asbestos case for several reasons:
- A general personal injury lawyer may be good at what they do, but asbestos lawsuits are different.
- Going up against companies that exposed workers to asbestos requires significant knowledge and relevant experience.
- Attorneys at asbestos law firms know how and where industries and specific companies used asbestos and how they exposed workers.
- They also have the investigative skills and experience to uncover incriminating information about past asbestos exposure.
Review of Our Services
“When dad was diagnosed with mesothelioma, our world was turned upside down. Not knowing what to do next, I researched and interviewed many firms. Some firms were nothing more than marketers. Others offered up call screeners to take my name and number. And then there was Mesothelioma Lawyer Center. It was with them that I found peace, knowledge and professionalism. They have done everything they said they would do and then some. Contacting Mesothelioma Lawyer Center was the best decision I could have made for my family.”
How Can a Mesothelioma Law Firm Help Me?
The legal process can be confusing for victims of asbestos exposure. You are battling a deadly illness while also sorting through a lot of new information.
The right law firm will guide you and help you better understand your options. They can provide answers to important questions, such as:
- Do I Have a Valid Asbestos Claim? A law firm will review your case and tell you how strong it is. They can estimate your chances of success in a settlement or lawsuit. They will not take your case unless they feel confident about winning.
- How Can I Prove My Workplace Contained Asbestos? Experienced asbestos lawyers investigate and determine how and when your past employers used asbestos.
- Who is Responsible for My Illness? Companies can move, go out of business, or change ownership. This makes it hard to figure out who is responsible. The law firm’s job is to research, and determine responsible parties liable for your exposure to asbestos.
- How Much Compensation Can I Get? A law firm taking on your case will estimate how much you may get for compensation. This is based on past expenses, daily expenses, medical bills, lost wages, emotional trauma, physical suffering, and future expenses. This is not a guaranteed amount.
How to Choose the Best Asbestos Law Firm
Choose a law firm that truly understands mesothelioma and asbestos cases. Consider these factors:
- The law firm should be able to prove it has experience working on mesothelioma cases.
- The law firm must be extremely knowledgeable in asbestos laws and asbestos diseases.
- Look for law firms with a reputation for professionalism and compassion for sick clients.
- The law firm should always keep you updated on details of your case.
- A reputable firm will give you an initial consultation at no charge.
- Never go with a law firm that promises you a certain outcome.
How to Work with a Law Firm
There are things you can do to make a lawsuit go as smoothly as possible. Make sure your lawyers have what they need to help you:
- Provide your lawyers with all related medical records.
- Be prepared to provide your work history and information, including the full company names, addresses, phone numbers, your job roles, and when you worked at each job.
- Keep track of all expenses related to your illness. This includes copies of medical bills, mileage used to get to appointments, medical supplies, and mental health care related to being sick.
What if I Can’t Afford to Hire a Law Firm?
Law firms that work with mesothelioma clients know that patients cannot afford up-front fees for legal representation. Many firms work on a contingency fee basis.
Contingency means a law firm only gets paid if and when you get paid. They take a percentage of the damages you recover.
Contingency percentages and rates vary by law firm. It’s important to know what the fee will be and to agree on a percentage before hiring a lawyer.
If a law firm doesn’t provide a contingency fee option for payment, it means they don’t have the financial resources to investigate and prove your case. Only choose a law firm that works on contingency.
FAQs about Working with a Mesothelioma Law Firm
Do I have to go to court?
Most mesothelioma lawsuits are settled out of court. Only if both sides fail to reach a settlement agreement will you have to go to trial before a judge and jury.
An experienced law firm can help you through each step, and if you are too ill to attend, arrangements can be made for you to record your testimony.
What if I don’t know which company exposed me to asbestos?
Asbestos law firms have experience finding information about companies negligent in asbestos exposure. Asbestos manufacturers are usually held responsible, and there may be more than one involved.
I think I was exposed during military service. Can an asbestos law firm help me?
Yes, many mesothelioma victims were exposed during service so asbestos law firms have experience helping veterans file for and get VA benefits and other types of compensation.
I have workers’ compensation benefits. Can a law firm still help me if I have other compensation benefits?
Other benefits, such as workers’ compensation or VA benefits, do not disqualify you from recovering damages from the companies who exposed you to asbestos. It may, however, change how much you are entitled to recover.
Where Can I Get Assistance?
Simply fill out our form to get your free Financial Compensation Packet with information on experienced asbestos and mesothelioma lawyers in your area. For additional assistance, contact us at 800-793-4540.
Page Reviewed and Edited by Mesothelioma Attorney Paul Danziger
Paul Danziger grew up in Houston, Texas and earned a law degree from Northwestern University School of Law in Chicago. For over 25 years years he has focused on representing mesothelioma cancer victims and others hurt by asbestos exposure. Paul and his law firm have represented thousands of people diagnosed with mesothelioma, asbestosis, and lung cancer, recovering significant compensation for injured clients. Every client is extremely important to Paul and he will take every call from clients who want to speak with him. Paul and his law firm handle mesothelioma cases throughout the United States.