Visitors who submit contact information on our free information packets, monthly newsletter sign up, or who contact MesotheliomaLawyerCenter.org by e-mail, telephone or other means, and who offer any personal information, including an e-mail address, name, diagnosis, address, and phone number can trust their information will be held in confidence.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information that you provide to us that identifies you, personally, or that can be logically associated with you. This information may include your name, email and physical address and your telephone number. Depending upon the product or service you request, you may also be asked to provide additional information such as whether you have been diagnosed with a particular asbestos related illness.
Why Do You Need To Collect My Personal Information?
We use the personal information you supply to us to provide to you the service(s) or product(s) that you request. We may also use your personal and other information to enhance your experience on our website(s) by displaying content based on your preferences. We may “depersonalize” your personal information to enable us to use that information, aggregated with the information of others, for research, analysis and modeling purposes.
With Whom Do You Share My Information?
- We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as an email service provider to deliver our monthly newsletter. This company is authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, applicable regulations, governmental and quasi-governmental requests, judicial proceedings, court orders and to enforce our Legal Notices or other agreements.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- If MesotheliomaLawyerCenter.org is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- If you indicate to MesotheliomaLawyerCenter.org that you would like to speak with a law firm for a free attorney consultation, your information will be provided to the law firm indicated.
How Do You Collect Information?
We collect certain types of non-personal information and technical data from each visitor to our website(s). For example, when you click on a banner advertisement or text link that is associated with our website, the banner or text placement, along with the time of your visit, your Internet Protocol address and other path-related information, is sent to us. Similarly, the page requests that you make when you visit our website are stored and used by us. We use this information, none of which is or can be personally associated with you, for statistical and analytical purposes, to help us understand which page views are most appealing to our visitors and to help us improve the likelihood that we will be able to offer you only products or services in which you have a genuine interest.
- What Are Web Beacons? “Web Beacons” are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movement of Web users. Our third party tracking utility partner employs web beacons on our site for the purpose of tracking this online movement. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by web beacons to our customers’ personal information.
- We use Google Analytics to monitor visitor activity on our website, such as page views and time on site.
How Do You Safeguard The Information You Collect?
The security of your personal information is a very high priority for us and we take a number of steps to safeguard it. Some of the measures we take are:
- Limiting access to personal information to those employees who are critical to the delivery of products and services to you.
- Implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to guard against unauthorized access or use.
- Requiring appropriate consents and protections from our business partners before we share personal information with them.
MesotheliomaLawyerCenter.org and its affiliates use commercially reasonable physical and technical security measures to protect all personal information in our possession. We cannot, however, guarantee or warrant the absolute security of any system or that any information we hold will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
Security measures are in place to protect against theft, loss or misuse of information sent through the website, and MesotheliomaLawyerCenter.org strives to maintain the integrity of these security measures. In the event, however, of a system compromise, MesotheliomaLawyerCenter.org will take all reasonable steps to protect the integrity of its databases. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
How Long Do You Retain My Personal Information?
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you with services and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations. Non-personal information may be retained indefinitely. Under certain circumstances, Federal and/or state law may require us to retain your personal information for different periods of time. Accordingly, we may not be able to delete or otherwise remove your personal information from our systems.
What Choices Do I Have?
You can always elect not to provide personal information to us, although if you do not complete and submit the information we ask for we may not be able to provide you with the most complete responses or you may not be able to access all the available features. If you wish to request access to your information so that you may update, delete inaccuracies or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at https://www.mesotheliomalawyercenter.org/contact-us/. We will respond to your access request within 30 days. To request removal of your personal information from our testimonials, contact us at https://www.mesotheliomalawyercenter.org/contact-us/. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
If you submit a testimonial to us, we will ask for your permission to post your testimonial prior to any public use. We will post your name as given to us in your testimonial. Please be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit as a testimonial to be posted can be read, collected, or used by the general public, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to include in any testimonial you choose to submit. If at any time you decide to remove your testimonial, please contact us via e-mail or postal mail.
Social Media (Features) and Widgets
Links to Other Sites
This website contains links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by MesotheliomaLawyerCenter.org. Please be aware that we, MesotheliomaLawyerCenter.org, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
We encourage you to be aware when you leave our website and to read the privacy policies of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
A Special Note about Children’s Privacy
You must be at least 18 years old to use this website. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time with their children online and to be fully familiar with the websites visited by their children. We recognize the particular importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from children under the age of 13. If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information online, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us at https://www.mesotheliomalawyercenter.org/contact-us/. Visit the Federal Trade Commission website for more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
By filling out and submitting information on our website, you give us or one of our affiliates, affiliated law firms, or business associates permission to contact you. We consider this permission not to be specific to legal benefits, but also to other applicable products and services we may market and advertise in the future.
Removing Your Information
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to request that we no longer use your information to provide you services or updates on additional products, contact us. Additionally, we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If your personally identifiable information changes or if you no longer desire our service, you may update or amend your information with us or ask to have it removed from our database lists or production directory. Simply contact us by email or traditional mail. We will respond to your request to access within 30 calendar days.
Send an email to:
Any information sent to us through email is not encrypted by us.
Notice to California Residents:
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which this website has disclosed certain information during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at https://www.mesotheliomalawyercenter.org/contact-us/.
For all requests, you must put the statement “California Shine the Light Privacy Request” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that we are not responsible for requests that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
Notice to Vermont Residents
We will not share any personal information about you with other businesses to the extent prohibited by applicable Vermont law or to the extent your prior consent to share is required by applicable Vermont law. For purposes of compliance with the Vermont Consumer Protection Act, if you are a resident of the State of Vermont and would like to opt-out from the disclosure of your personal information to any third-party for marketing purposes, please contact us at https://www.mesotheliomalawyercenter.org/contact-us/.
Notice to Users Outside of the United States