Highlights and Achievements
- Partner at Black Law Group
- Graduate of Texas Christian University and South Texas College of Law, 1990 and 1993
- Career dedicated to asbestos cases and victims of mesothelioma and lung cancer
- Admissions in Texas and Pennsylvania
- Member, board of directors and executive committee of Texas Trial Lawyers Association
Lou Black is a founding partner at Black Law Group in Texas and New Mexico. She focuses solely on cases involving victims of asbestos exposure who developed mesothelioma or lung cancer. She is admitted to practice in Texas, Pennsylvania, and the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, and Northern Districts of Texas.
Black graduated with cum laude honors from Texas Christian University in 1990, earning an undergraduate degree. She then went on to law school at the South Texas College of Law. There she earned a Juris Doctor Degree, graduating summa cum laude in 1993.
Her entire legal career has been spent helping victims of corporate harm. Black focuses solely on lung cancer and mesothelioma cases resulting from asbestos exposure. Her work helps victims, many of whom never knew they were being exposed to harmful asbestos at work, get justice and recover damages to help pay their medical costs.
Black is a member and past president of the Houston Trial Lawyers Association. She is a current member of the board of directors of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association. She also serves on that group’s executive committee.