Lawrence G. Gettys
Highlights and Achievements
- Over 21 years of litigation experience
- Practicing counsel at Waters, Krauss & Paul in the Baton Rouge, Louisiana office
- Graduated with honors, Southern University Law Center, 1995
- Bar admissions in Louisiana and Texas
- Member, American Association for Justice, Louisiana Association for Justice, and Texas Trial Lawyers Association
Lawrence Gettys serves as counsel for Waters, Krauss & Paul, a law firm dedicated to cases involving asbestos exposure and illnesses, personal injury, faulty medical devices, and pharmaceuticals.
Gettys focuses on asbestos cases, product liability, premises liability, and toxic tort. He has admissions in Louisiana, Texas, and the U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, and U.S. District Court for the Middle, Western, and Eastern Districts of Louisiana.
FREE Financial Compensation Packet
- Info on law firms that will recover your highest compensation
- Learn how to get paid in 90 days
- File for your share of $30 billion in trust funds
Gettys graduated with honors and an undergraduate degree from the University of Mississippi in 1990. He graduated cum laude with a Juris Doctor Degree from the Southern University Law Center in 1995. There he also participated in the Moot Court Board, winning Best Team and Best Brief in 1992.
After completing his law degree, Gettys began his career by helping victims of negligence and corporate wrongdoing. He joined Waters, Krauss & Paul in the Baton Rouge office and now litigates on behalf of victims of asbestos exposure, faulty products, and toxic torts.
His decades of experience have served him well in helping victims recover damages needed to cover medical expenses.
Gettys is a member of several professional organizations: American Bar Association, American Association for Justice, Baton Rouge Bar Association, Louisiana Association for Justice, and Texas Trial Lawyers Association.
Louisiana Mesothelioma Law Office
9191 Siegen Ln, Bldg 7
Baton Rouge, LA 70810-2240