Highlights and Achievements
- Partner at Waters, Kraus & Paul, Los Angeles office
- Graduated with honors from Tulane University Law School in 1987
- Admission in Louisiana and California, The U.S. Supreme Court, and several U.S. District Courts and Courts of Appeals
- Specializes in mesothelioma cases and has been a part of winning major jury awards for victims
- Named a Thomson Reuters Southern California Super Lawyer, 2006 through 2020
- Recognized among The Best Lawyers in America from 2006 to 2010
- Member of the American Association for Justice, Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles, and the Public Justice Foundation
Michael Armitage began his legal career in the late 1980s specializing in maritime law. In 2000 he joined Waters, Kraus & Paul and is now a partner focusing on asbestos litigation, pharmaceuticals, product liability, and toxic torts.
He is admitted to practice by the bar in Louisiana and California. He is also admitted to several U.S. District Courts in both states, the U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th and 9th Circuits, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
FREE Financial Compensation Packet
- Info on law firms that will recover your highest compensation
- Learn how to get paid in 90 days
- File for your share of $30 billion in trust funds
Armitage graduated from Tulane University in New Orleans in 1984 with magna cum laude honors and a degree in political science. He continued at Tulane and earned a Juris Doctor Degree, graduating with cum laude honors in 1987.
In his early years as a lawyer, Armitage practiced maritime transportation and commercial law. It wasn’t until he joined his current firm that he began specializing in asbestos litigation.
With nearly 22 years of experience in those cases, Armitage is a leading expert on asbestos laws and in helping victims of exposure recover damages. He is often called upon to speak about mass torts and asbestos cases.
Armitage has been recognized numerous times for his work, including being named a Thomson Reuters Super Lawyer in Southern California from 2006 through 2020 and a Best Lawyer in America from 2006 through 2010.
His dedication to asbestos and mesothelioma cases has helped win victims millions of dollars. Some notable victories he worked on include significant compensation for the family of a man who died after years of working with asbestos cement.
He had another big win for a client who developed mesothelioma after years of doing home renovations with asbestos products.
Armitage is a member of the American Association for Justice, Consumer Attorneys of California, Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles, the Public Justice Foundation, and the Maritime Law Association of the United States. He serves on the Board of Trustees for the Vistamar School.
California Mesothelioma Law Office
222 North Pacific Coast Highway
El Segundo, California 90245